Tuesday 20 March 2012

Hope

I went to visit my Gran on Mothers Day with my parents, who are in their 70's and my nan is 93 years old this year.

Looking around the home was very depressing,very old frail people who are someone's parents just sitting around waiting to die. Some of the people there didn't even get visits from their family, which made me feel very sad.


Sometimes it's hard to have a conversation as my nan is hard of hearing and she was a bit mixed up that day, as I looked around staring at all these people wondering who they were and what they had done in their lives, I saw that it was 12 o'clock on the wall and I thought at first "Oh no! I've got to say the Lord's prayer", mum and dad had gone for a cuppa, so I sat there quietly under my breath saying the prayer to the Lord.

When I had finished I felt the peace of the Lord with me and His hope of eternity with Him, and how grateful I am for this.

We need to share this message when ever we can, there are so many people without the hope we have.

Karen

No comments: