Friday 23 March 2012

Every drop counts!

It has struck me again this week how everything we pray, say or do and every little encounter we have is important. Mother Teresa said, 'We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But if that drop was not in the ocean I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop'. The truth is, our every drop counts! I am so encouraged by that as I go into my day and endeavour to be aware of the possibilities. Yesterday I prayed for a simple, honest conversation with someone I know well and I was blown away by the result. We were able to get deeper in our relationship in that short conversation than we had got in the past few years put together! I was so encouraged and grateful for the simple opportunity. So, be encouraged, every little drop really does make a difference.

Jenny Barrett
Homeless Outreach Coordinator

No comments: