Friday 7 September 2012

The day God invited my dad to accept His gift of eternal life

31st August 2012

God has shown his faithfulness in answer to my prayer and fasting today. My dad has been listening to me speaking God's word to him every week since I was saved, he used to comment about every road leading to God with me, all my conversations lead upwards! I used to wonder why I always spoke with such conviction and now I realise it was the Holy Spirit working through me to prepare my dad's heart for the invitation.

Last week I was cleaning his house, the Holy Spirit prompted me to ask my dad if he had ever invited Jesus to be his personal Lord and Saviour, if he had confessed him as Lord? He said “No, why do I need to say it out loud? I’m aware he is outside of me and around me”.

I said, "Shall we pray a prayer to invite him inside then, to live with you and help you live for him?”, he said “YES”. We prayed the prayer of salvation and I asked the Holy Spirit to cleanse him and fill him with power and to bless him.

I texted him the next day an encouraging verse and told him how much joy the Lord had brought me by saving my dad and he said “My lovely daughter, I couldn’t think of anything better than to spend eternity with you and him”.

This is so emotional and loving from my dad who doesn’t talk this way normally. Two years ago he said he could’t think of anything, worse than eternity without knowing his family would be there, he was so cynical and now God's Spirit has been working in him and has found a softness within his heart and bedded down God's word and watered it until it blossomed.

He is so good!!!!
Lisa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa if there was a "like" button attached to this blog I would press it over and over again. Like like like like like!
Hils x

webmaster said...

@ Hils,
You share Lisa's blog post on Facebook by clicking the Facebook 'f' icon at the end of her blog.

Paul