Tuesday 11 September 2012

Be still

Thanks Hils for your latest comments on Exodus.

I haven't looked at the Breathe blog for several weeks but felt prompted to do so on Monday morning. The reading from Exodus 14:13-14 has been very much on my heart this week too....and, unknown to Hils, I went for a prayer ministry appointment later that day.

"Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today."  That in itself was encouraging as I WAS afraid. "The Egyptians you see today you will never see again.  The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still" EXODUS 14:13-14

I felt the "Egyptians" are those things that hold us back from all God has for us. I thank God that He wants us free from the past.

"The Lord will fight for you" In my bible notes, it reminds me that although Israel was armed for battle (13:18) and "marching out boldly" (14:8), the victory would be won by God alone. God even hardened Pharoah's heart to pursue the Isaelites just when they thought all was going well....just so that He could gain the glory (v 18)

"For when the Israelites saw the great power the Lord displayed against the Egyptians, the people feared the Lord and put their trust in Him and in Moses His servant" (v 31)

It is my prayer that I wouldl earn to trust God and our leaders increasingly, even when the battle seems to be fierce and the enemy rises up against us.

We are tremendously priviliged to belong to Holy Trinity and to have such dedicated, loving, supportive leaders amongst us.

Kerry

No comments: