Wednesday 2 May 2012

God is at work...let's pray for Him to complete what he has started.

I’ve got a friend who when we meet often asks me about my faith and why I believe in God. He always seems genuinely interested in what I tell him about Jesus and yet always finishes by saying how it’s not for him. I thought that the Questions theme of Integrity would be just great for my friend and so asked him if he would like to come along. It would be a perfect opportunity for him to meet our church family. Something which I know he will be touched by. So I asked him and he gave the answer that we all dread, “Well I’d really like to, but I’ll have to see what work is like next week. I’ll let you know.” My experience of this has always been that this is a gentle no.


So I began to pray for him; that work would not be a problem that God would win his heart, and that he would come. I asked God “How do you want me to pray? I’m never any good at this, you taught your disciples how to pray and have faith, teach me the same?” I felt God say it was in hand.

Yesterday I got a text saying he could come and where should we meet. So please join me in praying that nothing will now get in the way and that he has a great time at questions tonight and that he will meet God’s spirit in the people who talk with him. Please don’t mention this blog to him! And then let’s pray for all those coming along tonight (Anne has asked 3 people! And many of you many more) that nothing will get in their way and that they will encounter Jesus and that tonight will be the next step in them coming to know God in fullness.

Alex

No comments: