Monday 2 July 2012

Wind of the Spirit

I had the idea (with a smile) of putting a wind turbine on top of the church steeple. We could produce all our own power and sell what was left over - a bit like the widow's oil in 2 Kings 4 v1-7.  I realise of course that the structure would be too weak and the planning authorities would not allow it...



My thoughts drifted to the wind of the Holy Spirit breathing / blowing on Holy Trinity Church and bringing devine power. I remembered the Breathe Daily Bible Reading on May 10th (my birthday), Ezekiel 37 v9-10:
Then he said to me, "Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe into these slain, that they may live.' "  So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet - a vast army.
Food for thought and prayer.

Tim Meadows

No comments: