Wednesday 11 July 2012

Keeping praying for others

My wife Sarah and I are praying for our wider family to come to faith, particularly mine as there are very few Christians in my immediate family. Recently, a female cousin who is getting married soon, called me to say she’d be in Leicester and wanted to see us. During the conversation, I mentioned that I’d come to faith in the last few years and told her my story. She was very interested but we left it there and prayed. We then went to see my sister for a birthday party and the same cousin was there. I spoke with her sister and her mum telling them my story but did not say a great deal more to her as we left it until she came up. 

Last week, she came up and I went for a drink with her on Wednesday, telling her as much as was comfortable, not really knowing what she thought, but she was very interested in everything. The next night, she came over for a pub meal with us all and we chatted more. By the time I took her back to her hotel, we’d given her two Alpha books, two simple mini-books and our stories!

On Sunday I received the most amazing and surprise text message as we came out of the service in the evening. She had taken herself, alone, to an evangelical Anglican church in south London, and loved it. I spoke with her and she has told me how she thinks funny things are happening to her (including our meetings), and for a reason! We are praying for her and her fiance as they marry next month, and she has even accepted my offer of a first bible! I hope and pray that she will be able to really develop a relationship with God as she moves on into married life.

What we have seen has been remarkable; she has prior knowledge of Christianity, but by her own admissions, has never been able to unlock any real connection so we are absolutely delighted that we can play a part in her journey and will continue to stay as close to her as we can to help her grow and learn what Jesus did, and that Jesus is here for everyone, but as it was for me, it must be in one’s own time.

Keep the faith and Praise God!

Tim

1 comment:

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing this, Tim. Very encouraging.