Sunday 1 July 2012

God at work in the everyday

Continuing on from the theme of testimonies from the previous Sunday, I shared at last Thursday’s lunchtime prayer time, thankfulness to God in honouring my prayers, that had started at the beginning of the week, regarding two work ‘issues’ (the kind of workaday problems we all face). What I didn’t know at the time, was that I was to be faced by an even larger ‘issue’ on Friday – the sort that seems to come from nowhere!

Whilst these pressure points in our lives do not go away, my experience has been God has in some way, more often than not intervenes, to bring resolution, to those things that cause me worry (my notebook is testimony to this!).

Whilst praying this morning, I was reminded of a small verse buried away in the Exodus story, through which God had spoken to me earlier this year – Exodus 14:14 "…The Lord will fight for you; you need only be still" (my italics). You need to read around the context, but I have found it a helpful perspective, when trying to work things out in my own strength.

Chris C

No comments: