Tuesday 6 November 2012

God at work in the "Real World"

Hi all,

Just thought I would share something very encouraging.  I work as a dietitian for children who are pretty poorly which is a privilege but also very difficult at times.  During the 24/7 prayer week I was losing quite a bit of sleep over a couple of my young children who were struggling to tolerate their special diet through a tube.  It had felt I had tried everything and I was running out of ideas.

During one of the early morning prayer meetings we were praying in 3s and I mentioned these two children, for confidentiality reasons using the initials of their first names and not really being able to give many details.  We prayed for them, and then I forgot about it.

It was only the other day when one of the people I prayed with asked how they are, and I thought about it and realised those two children are so much better now!  One of them is even managing to eat one meal a day, which he has never done in his life!  The other is also doing really well!  This is more than what I would have expected.  Both mummys are much happier.  So praise God.

I think this is really encouraging as it has given me faith to pray (in my times with God)  for more of my children, which I have been reluctant to do in the past - probably due to fear of those prayers not being answered, this is the "real world" after all.  What rubbish!  God is at work in the real world!

For those who are reading this, please pray for "Joe", (not his real name but God knows who he is), another of our kids who is struggling at the moment.

Thank you
Hils

No comments: