Tuesday 3 April 2012

Silence is golden

I recently went to a concert with John and found myself reflecting on how every instrument and voice was harmonising perfectly.  Not a new idea.  Everyone playing their part...the conductor being like God ...
What struck me was that the silences mattered too.  There were times when some people were doing nothing but waiting for their turn and listening to others, yet if they had decided to "play" their part when it suited them, it would have been disastrous musically. Playing your part in the body of Christ is great...but the silences are just as important, the pauses, the rests, the listening....

Kerry

1 comment:

Hazel said...

This is really encouraging. Some people I know have been saying that they are not sure what their ministry is, what they should be doing in the church, etc. I wasn't sure what to say in reply. So thanks for this reminder that the times when we are simply waiting are also important in God's plan for our lives.