Tuesday 28 February 2012

I can really know you .... this is amazing!

My recommendation of the day! 

Yesterday I got away from it all and went for my Lord's Prayer moment in the cathedral during my lunch break. Perhaps if you work in the city like me, you wanna give it a go, I had a great time, proving that it is true that man does not live on 'Subway' alone!

Today's 1 John 5:20-21 leads me to reflect on the words of Jesus in Matthew 7:21-23 where He plainly warns us that many will say Lord Lord didn't we do this and this and this and He will plainly say 'away from me I never knew you' (my paraphrase). 



Today's scripture urges me to pray for courage and boldness to truly live a life that knows God. God help me to live a life that is concerned with pleasing you and not men. Paul in the scriptures urges us to 'boldly approach the throne of grace' (Hebrews 4:16). Doesn't it seem more convenient to not do this? What will happen when He reveals the truth. I might not like it. It might mess things up for me. Save me oh God from being so dumb as to thinking I can deceive you and hide from your light that is all around. 

Today the scripture warns me to really know God, nothing else matters. And so my praise overflows that I can know God, that God has done everything to make the way to Him open and clear. He's not hidden from me, everything has been made clear so that everyone of us is without excuse however convenient it may seem to have an excuse before God. (See Romans 1:20) We can deceive people, but we can not deceive God. Help me God to boldly know you and proclaim you today, not hiding away in a life of convenience but always running the race with perseverance like an athlete going for gold, with great hope and confidence in you my God who gave everything for me. 

Today my heart sings 'Bold I approach the eternal throne and claim the crown of Christ my own'. This is amazing!

Dave Smith

No comments: