Monday 8 October 2012

Westminster Abbey prayer

On what is a precious day off work this week I went to London to see my daughter. I went first to Westminster Abbey, having felt a strong desire to pray and read the bible there. I did this, with a focus on journeying and blessing on all our family in the widest sense, including the church family, this being a persistent prayer.  As I finished a young woman Curate got up and spoke the prayer below. It felt very connected and encouraging to what I had prayed about silently and I asked her for a copy. We got talking, prayed together and the lady (called Marja) sent this onto me.


I am passing on what feels like winged prayer from the heart of that place and encounter.
Heavenly Father, we ask you to be our companion on the journey of our life.

Help us to entrust the past to your mercy, the present to your love, and the future to your wisdom.

We give you thanks for all your blessings to us today, for friendship and fellowship, 

For new experiences and fresh insights, for encounters that have inspired us.

Wherever we go, may you go with us, that we may live in your presence and remain in your peace,

In the name of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Ann Webster

No comments: